About Storm Health
Storm Health is a Digital Health Social Enterprise which combines the latest technologies and immersive user experience design strategies to develop innovative digital services which drive behavioural change and empower positive health choices.
We are focused on developing digital health services to inform, empower and motivate health and wellbeing, and ensure these services align with the principles of preventative, self-managed and patient centric healthcare delivery.
The organisation is based in Edinburgh and combines a highly experienced team of people who are passionate about developing digital health services to improve health outcomes.
We are seeking to recruit a new Board member to provide fresh insight and develop new pathways for the organisation. Crucially, the new Board member will support the successful implementation of digital health services.
Our Board Members are expected to attend six Board meetings each year and contribute their knowledge and experience by working with the Managing Director and wider Board. You should also demonstrate an adequate degree of flexibility to attend a greater frequency subject to the Board's ongoing business needs.
Please note that Storm Health Board members are not salaried roles. The appointment is for one year initially, with a view to bring renewed for a three year term.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- demonstrate knowledge about or connection to the delivery of health services;
- supporting the Storm Health Board as it develops its strategic plan
- contribute effectively to the decision making of the Board; and
- regularly attend board meetings and important stakeholder meetings.
Skills and Experience
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the role of digital health and has experience of implementing health services.
As a member of the Board, you will be expected to play a central role in guiding the services which Storm Health provide to help address priorities through digital services.
Although candidates need not have previously held Board directorships, we are seeking individuals who bring the following qualities in order to help lead Storm Health through the next phase of its development:
- an understanding of the issues facing the health service;
- experience in the health service either in strategic and/or operational management;
- diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships; and
- personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the health and lives of citizens through digital health services.
Early engagement with the social enterprise may lead to future remunerated opportunities as the organisation grows and based on the operationalisation of services.
Get in touch
We would be delighted to hear from you and to receive an application. Please send your CV to email@example.com
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland.
Board meetings - every 2 months, held in the evenings in Edinburgh.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 23rd September 2016. Interviews will take place on the w/c 3rd October.